Saturday 18 February 2012

Been Ill

Namaste

So, I have been quite ill for a bit under a week now. Massive fevers and their accompanying bone and joints aches. In fact I was hospitalised on Tuesday because of it. I knew exactly what was wrong but the doctors decided I didn't and what I had was a UTI. In the course of treating me, however, they took me off of the thing which was making me sick but later put me back on. I was discharged on Friday and returned to the hospital ER early on Saturday morning with the exact same problem. I saw a different doctor this time who actually had experience in the problems I was suffering from.

She reviewed my history, asked about the medications I was on, asked me what I thought was making me sick etc. I told her and, wonder of wonders, she agreed. So I have stopped taking one of my medications because I am allergic to it.

But why am I posting about that here, on a blog that is meant to detail my spiritual progress? Because just I was put on a medication that was supposed to help me with my problems only to have others arise so sometimes we follow the wrong path and don't realise that it is making us spiritually ill.

Sometimes we are drawn into following a charismatic leader who takes and takes from us under the guise of teaching us. Sometimes we are born following a path we didn't choose but we hesitate to break away from it, despite how it makes us feel, because everything and everyone we know is of that path and breaking with it can lead to much distress. Sometimes we pick and choose willy nilly thinking we're being free spirited and smart but never knowing the full repercussions of mixing teachings.

When it comes to our spiritual path we must be highly discriminating (a word many of us are uncomfortable with due to its associations with the Civil Rights movement) and always be on the look out for things that do not sit right with us. If something seems off we should examine it from all angles for there is often a very good reason it feels off.

Do not ever take things at face value. Always, always look further into them and spend time examining them and coming to your own conclusion. Don't rely on what others are saying for everything because it just might kill you.

Om Aim Hrim Klim Chamundayai Vicche Namah
Chhaya

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back and glad your doing ok ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing much better, thank you. Still suffering some repercussions. I'll find out if my liver is okay next week. If it's not we'll have to do something about it.

      Delete
  2. Keep us updated on your progress ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing much better! Have slight liver damage but other than that I am doing spectacularly.

      Delete