Wednesday 28 December 2011

Namaste




Namaste, one and all


So I have decided to start a blog totally unrelated to any of my others and I am going to use this one to chronicle my life and my steps as I move towards becoming, on the outside, the follower of Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism) that I am on the inside.

In 2012 I plan on changing my name. Currently it is legally Casey McKenzie and while I love the name my mother has given me and I identify with it, it is a Christian name and I want the name that people know me by to say who I am and I am Hindu, first and foremost.

I have chosen the name Chhaya as my first name and have yet to chose my last name. Chhaya (or Chaya, I have yet to decide on the spelling) means 'shadow' and for me it has had a strong call. I would love to be a mere shadow of Devi (any of Her forms) or to live eternally in Her shadow, basking in her glory. So Chhaya is not a negative name for me but one filled with promise and positivity.

Anyway, I hope to write a post a day but it's unlikely so let's hope for at least once a week, eh?

Aum Aim Hrim Klim Chamundayai Vicche Namaha
Chhaya

0 comments:

Post a Comment