Saturday 14 July 2012

Today at Temple

Namaste

As I try to do every Sunday I went to temple today. Ordinarily it's not really worth talking about. I go, I take darshan and prashad, enjoy the bhandara (also known as langaar, means feast) and then I go home. Sometimes I feel uplifted, like I'm buzzing with energy, other times nothing but I haven't felt like this ever. Well, I have but it's never been caused by a temple visit.

So, how do I feel? I feel... calm; sorta floaty, actually. It's a very interesting feeling because I generally only feel like this after taking very powerful painkillers. I think this is the euphoria people talk about feeling sometimes. I feel it right now. It's a delicious feeling and I had no idea that a temple visit could cause it.

I'm thinking it's because I have been doing aarti nightly for the last couple of days. It's Shravan so I should be worshipping Shiva with as much vigor as possible so I figured I'd do aarti every night to both Shiva and Durga. So maybe that's why.

Very odd feeling.

Devi Chhaya out.
Om Aim Hrim Klim Chamundaya Vicche Namaha
Chhaya Sundari

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure about the floatiness, but that particular state of calmness is something which can also be found in meditation :) You are making progress in bhakti!

    Kirran

    ReplyDelete