Monday 9 January 2012

Namaste

Some times you just don't have anything much to say and so it has been with me lately. I have just moved house and I think that's the primary reason for my lack of inspiration and motivation. I have set up my shrine in a small corner of the living room and performed puja last night - much to the bemusement of my mother who is visiting to help with the move.

Puja is not a quiet affair, at least not in my house, and so it tends to get a bit loud. I ring bells, I sing along to bhajans and light incense. My mother is not very fond of incense - or rather the amount I burn - so I have been using Japanese incense but even this seems to be too heavy for her. Half way through my sadhana I am interrupted with 'can you please open a door?'. I wonder why she felt she couldn't get up to do it herself? If it had been her performing puja I would have gotten up and opened the door myself rather than interrupt her.

I guess what I'm saying is - if you find another person's sadhana to be a bit on the nerves, leave the area. Don't interrupt them or stop them when they're in the swing of it.

Om Aim Hrim Klim Chamudayai Namaha
Chhaya

3 comments:

  1. I'm one of those types that read but don't act cause of my family. The only times I go for meditation is when everyone is in bed but I'm usely lazy to go for 10mins or so. Your lucky you can have shrines and can do rituals. That will be something I can never do while living with my perents. My mum won't let me have any type tools for worship. She doesn't even know I have the Gita >_> I'm planning on getting more books though so no doubt she will find out what i've been up to ^_^
    is your mum part of a religous group?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TheDarkNation A good thing about meditation is that you can always say you're praying while you do it. In most cases meditation can look just like prayer.

    My mother was baptised into the Presbyterian Church but she's never been a Church goer in my lifetime. Occasionally we'd go to Church but it was mostly for funerals and weddings. She found it a bit odd that I am following this path but she accepts it. She doesn't understand it but she's trying.

    You might find that when you move out of home your mum will stop trying to control everything simply because she can't. She's a Jehovah's Witness yes? She'll probably see this as a rebellion phase but she does love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Chhaya ^^

    Yes she is. Even tho I'm not part of the group she feels the need to say what we can look at and what we can't etc. Also that phase "you know the truth" is anoying x_x lol...
    I'm 25, hopfully one day I can move out again and start fresh ^^
    perents have that huge attachment for us it's crazy. I wish the watchtower teaches them about non-attachment... Jesus even taught it.

    Have a wonderful day ^^!
    james

    ReplyDelete