Saturday 28 January 2012

Two Weeks

Namaste

Please forgive me for my hideous lack of posting. I said I'd try to post once a week but sometimes you just don't have anything to say. And I didn't even really have anything to say when I started writing this post but I believe I've hit on a topic that might be of interest.

Religious tolerance. I don't believe in it. Tolerating something does not mean you accept it as an equally valid path. It means it is something that you do not like but you are willing to put up with it for the comfort of others. And religious tolerance is of the most contrived sort.


I, personally, do not tolerate other religions. I do, however, accept religious diversity. There are many paths in this world and while I believe that Sanatana Dharma is the one and only true path I also accept that for others, who have not found it yet or are not spiritually enough evolved, it is not.

I have met Christians with such bhav (spiritual emotion) and such intense bhakti that it is humbling and I have met Hindus who are derisive of their rich heritage.

And I don't know what I'm saying, honestly. I love talking about my religion and I would love other people to get involved but I don't go around trying to convert people because I accept that they must find Sanantana Dharma on their own. I am no Guru to teach others life lessons, just a fellow traveller.

When I pass a church or a mosque (or a synagogue but I've never actually passed one of those) a little part of me thinks 'it's a shame that beautiful building is being used to spread hatred and adharma' but this is the Kali Yuga (the dark age) and only when adharma rules the entire creation will Ma Kali incarnate amongst us as Kalki* and I pray that when she does I am born at Her side with a sword in my hand so that I might spread dharma where adharma grows.

Om Aim Hrim Klim Chamundayai Vicche Namaha
Chhaya

(*Amongst Vaishnavas (followers of Visnu) there is the common belief of the ten avataras of Visnu. Accordingly it is said that when the Earth suffers from great distress and adharma is prevalent Visnu shall take an earthly form and rid creation of lawlessness thereby reinstating the true law (dharma). According to Shaktas (worshippers of Shakti aka Devi aka Durga etc) Kali took the form of Krisna (and Shiva took the form of Radha) after the ganas (attendents of Shiva and Shakti) had seen the two dancing together and asked to see it once again. So Kali said that she would appear upon the Earth as Krisna and Shiva would appear as Radha and the ganas would appear as the gopis and gopas so that they might witness it once more. In doing so she also takes the form of Krisna to relieve creation of suffering. Jai Ma Kali! So we may also imply that she will take the form of Kalki when the time comes.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment